Affordable Auto Insurance in Minnesota
A policy with All Things Insurance is personalized help from a local, trusted agent. Get a quote today.
What Is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance provides financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also emerge.
Car insurance may also offer financial protection against theft and damage to the vehicle, sustained from things other than traffic collisions.
Why Do You Need Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance can help protect you from costly, sometimes catastrophic surprises.
Let’s assume you’re an insured driver in a covered accident. You can get help paying car repairs, medical expenses, legal defense costs, and more.
Auto Insurance Coverages
There are basically seven different types of auto coverages. Some may be required by law. Others are optional. They are:
- Bodily injury liability — for injuries the policyholder causes to someone else.
- Medical payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) — for treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car.
- Property damage liability — for damage the policyholder causes to someone else’s property.
- Collision — for damage to the policyholder’s car from a collision.
- Comprehensive — for damage to the policyholder’s car not involving a collision with another car (including damage from fire, explosions, earthquakes, floods, and riots), and theft.
- Uninsured motorists coverage — for costs resulting from an accident involving a hit-and-run driver or one that doesn’t have insurance.
- Underinsured motorists coverage — protects you if you’re in an accident that involves somebody who doesn’t have enough insurance of their own. When there’s an accident, the insurance of the person at fault is supposed to repay the other injured person.
- Optional coverages are available, such as Rental Car Reimbursement, Roadside Assistance, and more.
We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach with choosing car insurance. Contact an agent to get a personalized plan.
Book A FREE Appointment TODAY!
About Deductibles and Limits
When you’re shopping for auto insurance, it’s important to know what deductibles and limits mean.
If you’re in a covered accident, your deductible would be the money amount you pay out-of-pocket before your policy contributes.
High deductibles on your policy will lead to you paying more out of pocket if your car is damaged or stolen. However, high deductibles can also reduce your insurance rates. With lower deductibles, you’ll pay less to repair or replace your vehicle, but these can raise your premiums.
You’ll have to pay a deductible every time you file a claim for vehicle damage. Since policies can vary, you’ll want to read your policy thoroughly to know which coverages include deductibles.
Most of the coverage offered under your insurance has a limit — meaning it covers up to a select amount.
For example, let’s assume an accident is your fault and the other driver is injured. You owe $56,000 for the other driver’s medical costs. Your preferred “limit” for bodily injury liability coverage is $50,000, meaning your insurance pays $50,000 and you pay $6,000.
When you choose a higher limit, it may mean you pay more for car insurance now, but it might save you money if you get in a wreck later
If you have questions about how deductibles and limits work, or what they mean for your policy, call us at (763) 645-5450.
What Is the Average Cost?
The cost of car insurance varies a lot, depending on your location, age, and credit score. Your zip code can even affect your costs.
However, the average cost for auto insurance in MN is:
- Full coverage premium: $1,643
- Minimum coverage premium: $537
Premiums are also influenced by traffic and accidents in your area, as well as the crime rate.
How an Agent Can Help
A local agent can help protect you on and off the road. We’re here to advise you on key coverage decisions, answer any questions, and make your experience easier. Specifically, we can:
- Find available discounts for you
- Bundle your home and auto policies
- Adjust your coverage per your request, as your situation changes
- Guide you through the car claims process
Find Out How Much We Can Save You on Car Insurance
Get an auto insurance quote from our agency and you may save thousands of dollars a year. It only takes a few minutes to find out how much we can save you!